Thursday, January 21, 2010

Days Before the Migration

Here I am sitting with anxiety just a day away before I actually begin the real migration of the server. Up to this point I have mainly been focusing on fine tuning all client machines for performance, security, updates and just plain fine tuning.

Today I had to make sure I brought the network cameras back online. They had been offline for a couple of days (2 of them) because of there being no slack in the CAT5 cables. While there is slack I wasn't able to pull it. The reason being was when the holes in the attic floor and drywall were being plugged with expanding foam, the slack was left behind the foam thus locking it at its shortened state. So I had to climb up there and do some dungeon crawling. Here are a few pictures of the adventure in First-Person-View action:







No comments:

Post a Comment