Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Mickey Mouse by Apple!

Warning: This is probably a rant.

I hardly ever keep up with new things Apple spits out because I don't care. My network consists of all PC machines and servers, as do most companies. But when I do come across stuff that Apple puts out, I sometimes feel inclined to say something about it. Not so much because the technology sucks totally, but because I just don't like the Apple user attitude and I enjoy chopping them down to size. These mostly consist of people that still think there aren't any viruses for Mac OS X. Those that don't think any of their cats can't get mange or the rabies, sorry snow leopard, you can get AIDs.


What's the next Apple product to discuss? It is the "Magic Mouse." I've come to term it the Mickey Mouse, since the name "Magic Mouse" makes me think of Disneyland and Mickey. I so bet Mickey was a "Mac" and the mop was a "PC", you can tell because he's doing all the work and Mickey is prancing around acting like a moron, also he's on the Right.

I won't go into what the mouse is here because their website explains it all. However I will go into what it looks like for comic relief. It looks like a Maxi pad, or maybe an Always pad, I am not sure yet, it depends how much protection this mouse offers, but I doubt it doesn't offer much overnight protection.

Let us compare:




In the above images I was able to have the official Apple hand model demonstrate what the Maxi Pad would look like, of course we had to find an appropriate hand model to hold that big pad to make it look smaller to the public. Can you tell the difference? I couldn't either, not without labeling it, so I labeled it so you don't get confused either. I mean really, I'm married, what if I get sent to buy some pads (again ._. ) and I come back with a Magic Mouse and my wife gets mad at me? It will be all Apple's fault. That's enough of the non ergonomic design flaws I've pointed out, let's talk about the basic "intuitive" flaws now.

Apple states: "Now we’ve reached another milestone by bringing gestures to the desktop [...] that’s unlike anything ever before."

Lies! Let us introduce Apple to touch pads. What's really so different from touch pads? They too use "gestures" (a fancy way of saying, moving around your finger) and some even let you scroll left and right too. You can click by tapping or click by using the convenient buttons, look:



There's even detachable ones that you can still move around. Not to mention the Tablets that have nice pressure sensitive features and mice to use as well that require no batteries or power at all. All Apple is doing is reinventing the wheel, the touchscreen on the iPhone existed prior, the touch anything existed prior to Apple's latest trends. Even the color white existed before Apple.

Fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment